Nov 15 2007

Vancouver police brutality caught on video?

Really, the only reason there’s a question mark in the title of this post is that I’m having trouble believing my own eyes.

Robert Dziekanski, the man killed by police at Vancouver International Airport, seemed almost relieved at the police presence – just before they taser the Polish national and pin him to the ground with a knee on his back. He dies moments later – after being tasered at least one more time while already rendered completely helpless.

Does the video really leave any doubt that the police acted like murderous thugs?

7 Responses to “Vancouver police brutality caught on video?”

1. on 15 Nov 2007 at 5:15 am

Right after he falls to the ground and convulses, you can hear a cop yell “DO IT AGAIN! DO IT AGAIN!”

2. on 15 Nov 2007 at 7:01 pm

It sickens me to call myself a Canadian citizen. What is wrong with people in this country, that a tired, confused and obviously not dangerous man is murder. How does someone survive the communist occupation of Polan and then come to Canada to be brutally murdered by ‘the good people” of this country. COPS ARE PIGS.

3. on 15 Nov 2007 at 8:08 pm

It has not been a good year to be in law enforcement in BC or Canada. I’m starting to lose count of the incidents in which the police look like nothing more than state-paid thugs.

The tasering incidents are particularly troubling because police seem to use them freely, without realizing that in many situations they represent lethal force. There needs to be some serious training into the situations in which they should be used. You wouldn’t see police officers whipping out guns and shooting indiscriminately, but with tasers all restraint seem to disappear.

4. on 16 Nov 2007 at 6:11 pm

It seems that after they realiced the man is death they just stood by and wait wile in fact they should be trained as well in CPR since its not the first insident where people die of heart attacts after being tease by these guns

too many bad apples in the police forces in canada, for the most part they all have bad attidude unless you are an old woman or a sexy girl, to serve and protect my ass…

5. on 16 Nov 2007 at 6:17 pm

He was Lost in translation and now is dead.

Video of the last minutes of Robert Dziekanski
    Police ignorance and brutality are confirmed once again.¬† A Polish man who speak not a single word of English was murdered when he entered a panic attack in a Canadian Airport.¬† It was his first time …

6. on 16 Nov 2007 at 9:41 pm

He actually called the police to help him. You can hear him shouting at them “policia!” twice when he saw them. After the fall of communism in Poland people tend to believe that the police are there to help them. How should he know that Canada is different ?

7. on 19 Nov 2007 at 3:24 am

Well you can lose the ? police brutality in Van & Canada is a lot more common than many people think.
    Having lived in the DTES for years I have seen it more times than I can count.But when it happens to the marginalized or minorities like First Nation peoples(some of my closest dearest friends are FN I have heard plenty of stories) it usually gets dismissed or the inevitable ,”was known to police” or other such simaeler lines are used to cast doubt on the validity of the allegation.
    Indeed I witnessed a police shoot down & kill a man on Commercial Drive,who was suffering from mental illness,that was no threat to anyone.I have also seen friends get hit by the police,in one incident when I questioned the police on what they were doing,they turned on me and assaulted me.I laid charges but as usual in such cases the police officers were cleared.
    But now that it has happened to a person in plain site on video and that person is white,was doing nothing, perhaps more suburban/middle-class whites will begin to get the picture.That the police need independent over-sight.Perhaps now they will not be so quick to dismiss allegations of police brutality in the DTES,or when it involves non-whites ,the homeless,the addicted,the mentally disabled etc etc.