Jan 24 2008

Published by at 11:38 pm under Uncategorized

But I was sorry to see a fair number of Vancouver blogosphere blogger trolls kicking him in the nuts this week in the comments section. I’m coming a little late to the discussion, since I was so busy with work stuff that the Vancouver blogosphere and Vancouver bloggers haven’t gotten a whole lot of time from me lately. But the whole “ESL students may or may not be cool and therefore I must be a xenophobe” thing is such a red herring. Take issue with Orr’s negative vibes if you like, Vancouver bloggers (keeping in mind that he’s hardly the first Vancouver blogger pessimist to publish online), but let’s not throw out spurious aspersions.

By the way, to any Vancouver blogger who visit this site today, please note that as an SEO experiment, I have inserted the phrase, Vancouver blogger, a whole shwack of times just to see if a single post can draw in significant Google ranking for search terms to a blog that is otherwise not always entirely dedicated to the comings and goings of Vancouver bloggers. Feel free to post comments or links to this post including “Vancouver blogger” and we’ll see in the next 48 hours just how effective good old keywords are; by that, I mean the keywords inserted knowingly by a Vancouver blogger.

18 Responses to “BlogRant: A Vancouver blogger, comeuppance and a very weird amount of controversy”

1. […] Currents wrote an interesting post today on BlogRant: A Vancouver blogger, comeuppance and a very weird amount of controversyHere’s a quick excerpt Beyond Robson Vancouver blogger Sean Orr and I aren’t exactly best buds. We’ve certainly had our, um, differences of opinion. But I was sorry to see a fair number of Vancouver blogosphere blogger trolls kicking him in the nuts this week in the comments section. I’m coming a little late to the discussion, since I was so busy with work stuff that the Vancouver blogosphere and Vancouver bloggers haven’t gotten a whole lot of time from me lately. But the whole “ESL students may or may not be cool […]

2. Sean Orron 25 Jan 2008 at 3:41 pm

As the Vancouver Blogger in which you were speaking about, I am humbled by your professionalism in not joining the fray. As a fellow Vancouver blogger, you have made it clear that you’re above all the reactionary din and a true intellectual. I know you’re an ESL teacher and you could have easily buried the hatchet on this hack of a Vancouver Blogger, but you didn’t. All Vancouver Bloggers can learn something from you, and from this whole debacle. Thank you, and thanks to all the Vancouver Bloggers who supported me. Vancouver Bloggers rule!

3. Sean Orron 25 Jan 2008 at 3:41 pm

Oh, did I mention Vancouver Bloggers yet? 😉

4. jnarveyon 25 Jan 2008 at 10:05 pm

From one Vancouver blogger to another Vancouver blogger, I appreciate your personally visiting my site to respond, since you are the Vancouver blogger in question.

Hmmmm… I wonder if search engines can locate and reject deliberately awkward English?

In any case, I’m quite sincere in commenting that you certainly didn’t deserve the ridiculous treatment that you got on the Beyond Robson site for the now infamous ESL post (even if a good number of the commenters came to your defense later on).

It’s good to see your publisher sticking up for you, as was proper. And what the hell, you drove up traffic for BR a quajillion per cent.

Cheers.

5. […] case anyone was wondering as to the result of the Vancouver Blogger SEO experiment, here they […]

6. Larry Yatkowskyon 25 Jan 2008 at 11:17 pm

Vancouver Blogger s have never been shy about taking the high road of rhetoric. Watching the fray on Robson revealed images of dark buttons pushed – then light. Everybody learned.

7. Dagon 26 Jan 2008 at 2:41 pm

Good for you in reaching your current heights as a blogger. We too sometimes become highly visited, but usually only when Sean Orr writes some commentary on our douchebagness, and whatever else pops into his head. So it seems to be a happy thing for all of us.

Regards, Dag.

8. jnarveyon 26 Jan 2008 at 11:22 pm

Thanks for your optimistic take, Larry. And Dag, I appreciate the visit. Happy links, all around.

9. ian in hamburgon 27 Jan 2008 at 3:10 pm

I would be a Vancouver blogger if I still lived in Vancouver, but I no longer live there so I guess you could call me a Vancouver blogger in exile.

10. ian in hamburgon 27 Jan 2008 at 3:11 pm

BTW, googling vancouver blogger puts you at number 5 on the hit list, but “vancouver blogger” has you at number 3. Way to go with the SEO.

11. Raulon 28 Jan 2008 at 8:53 am

I actually concur. As a Vancouver blogger, it was very nice and professional of you, Jonathon, to have put your differences with another Vancouver blogger.

You are indeed a true Vancouver blogger (and yes, you and I have had differences of opinion too, although not on the blogosphere, and perhaps I have never actually quite expressed my viewpoints in a way that sounds too confrontational, but there are times when I disagree with your views – and I am sure you’d disagree with mine). From one Vancouver blogger to another Vancouver blogger, kudos.

[I hope dropping all these Vancouver blogger thingies works, hehe]

12. christopher o.on 29 Jan 2008 at 1:49 am

Agreed. As a Vancouver Blogger as well i’d Vancouver Blogger Vancouver Blogger Vancouver Blogger Vancouver Blogger DESU Vancouver Blogger Vancouver Blogger Vancouver Blogger Vancouver Blogger Vancouver Blogger Vancouver Blogger Vancouver Blogger Vancouver Blogger Vancouver Blogger Vancouver Blogger Vancouver Blogger Vancouver Blogger Vancouver Blogger Vancouver Blogger Vancouver Blogger Vancouver Blogger Lorem Ipsum Vancouver Blogger Vancouver Blogger Vancouver Blogger Vancouver Blogger Vancouver Blogger Vancouver Blogger Vancouver Blogger Vancouver Blogger Vancouver Blogger Vancouver Blogger Vancouver Blogger Vancouver Blogger Vancouver Blogger Vancouver Blogger Vancouver Blogger Vancouver Blogger Vancouver Blogger Vancouver Blogger Vancouver Blogger Vancouver Blogger Vancouver Blogger Vancouver Blogger Vancouver Blogger Vancouver Blogger Vancouver Blogger Vancouver Blogger Vancouver Blogger Vancouver Blogger Sam Sullivan Vancouver Blogger Vancouver Blogger Vancouver Blogger Vancouver Blogger Vancouver Blogger Vancouver Blogger Vancouver Blogger Vancouver Blogger. Vancouver Blogger Vancouver Blogger Vancouver Blogger Vancouver Blogger. VNACOOOOUUVVEERRR BLOGGGGGAAAAAARRRZ!!!!!11!1!

Vancouver blogger.

13. […] results for the most obscure of things. Well yesterday while reading Morning Brew, Sean linked to Narvey who was doing an SEO experiment. For those unfamiliar, SEO is “Search Engine […]

14. Shane Birleyon 29 Jan 2008 at 5:33 pm

I accept your challenge. I shall reclaim my throne. Long live the Empire! (Insert your favourite Palpatine laugh here.)

15. […] seems a number of bloggers have been spurred on by Jonathon Narvey in achieving top Google rank (or SEO as it is referred to in the west) for the words […]

16. Ruth Seeleyon 09 Dec 2008 at 6:11 pm

Wait, you mean there are now three Vancouver blogger controversies erupting almost simultaneously? The Best of 604 best political blogger (Vancouver-centric blogging awards) controversy relating to your nomination; the discrimination against the 778 area code by said Vancouver blogging awards; and now Sean Orr’s in trouble too? They told me folks in this province were laid back – I can get this kind of stress back in Ontario, yanno. Where there aren’t any Vancouver bloggers.

17. Ruth Seeleyon 09 Dec 2008 at 6:36 pm

Ha ha. I’m only 11 months late on this one. Sigh. Note to self: stop typing so fast and just skimming rather than actually reading.

18. jnarveyon 09 Dec 2008 at 7:07 pm

Your belated support is appreciated nonetheless, Ruth. I am in your debt.