Feb 18 2008

MyLife: I’m a Sicko

Published by at 7:05 pm under Uncategorized

Anyone remember when Michael Moore interviewed those Canadians in a Toronto hospital and asked them how long it would take them to see a doctor? Remember how those clueless bags of monkey crap fell over themselves to answer something like this: “Oh, just 20 minutes! What did I say? Fifteen minutes at most! Oh, what the hell, we can really just go in and demand service whenever we want. Doctor, get over here!”

Liars. They’re all dirty rotten liars.

6 Responses to “MyLife: I’m a Sicko”

1. Facebook » MyLife: I’m a Sickoon 18 Feb 2008 at 8:07 pm

[…] Currents wrote an interesting post today on MyLife: Iâ??m a SickoHere’s a quick excerpt Blogging is one of those things you do when you’re not facing the prospect of death. Afterwards is a good time to get back into it, though. To my readers, may I apologize for an unscheduled absence owing to a bizarre combination of sudden health issues. As a result of my ongoing issues, a recent visit to Vancouver General Hospital gave me an insider’s perspective on the state of our health care waiting lists. Anyone remember when Michael Moore interviewed those Canadians in a Toronto hospit […]

2. Raulon 18 Feb 2008 at 11:31 pm

Dear Jonathon,

I hope you get well soon. Unfortunately, that is the reality of the Canadian health care system. Whenever I fall sick (which is rare, but right now I’ve got a bit of a congested chest) I just pray that I won’t end up in the hospital.

If things get really bad, I simply buy a ticket to Mexico, book a couple of weeks holiday and go see my family doctor, and I get well in no time. But that’s an expensive way of dealing with it!

Hope you’re well now. Sending you positive vibes.
    Raul

3. Larry Yatkowskyon 19 Feb 2008 at 9:55 am

Ah what’s to worry.

The time you waited allows the super bugs to find the warmest spots. The longer the wait the better for the bug.

yah gotta love the system.

4. Raulon 19 Feb 2008 at 11:36 pm

Dear Jonathon,

Where were you? I missed you at Third Tuesday :(

Hope you’re doing well. Coming to Northern Voice?

5. Mike Klassenon 20 Feb 2008 at 8:26 am

Hey Jonathon, sorry to hear you’re not well. Get better soon!

6. jnarveyon 20 Feb 2008 at 12:08 pm

Thanks for your messages of support, everyone. I am still quite sick, and couldn’t make it to Third Tuesday as a result, but I will be at Northern Voice no matter what. I advise everyone else to bring a Hazmat suit and stay five meters away from me just in case.