Nov 05 2008
Congratulations to President Barrack Obama and to my American friends. The leader of the free world finally has a temperament, intellect and the respect from his countrymen and the world to match the prestige of the office. My predictions for an Obama presidency:
1. America’s economy rebounds about a year from now, no thanks to the executives drawing down billion-dollar compensation packages that got the world into this mess.
2. Osama bin Ladin captured, along with the goat he’s been screwing in a cave the past six years or so. The Marine Corp deploys in strength to Afghanistan and the few remaining Taliban that don’t want to blow themselves up sue for peace talks.
3. US troops leave Iraq. The former stomping grounds of Saddam Hussein becomes just another out-of-the-way country no one but archaeologists and obscure travel writers ever visit.
4. A strategic energy plan puts America on a road to giving slightly less cash to regimes that put a significant amount of petro-dollars into projects involving dead Americans. Let’s face it, energy independence ain’t an option until the Yanks build a shwack of nuclear plants.
5. Obama gets re-elected in 2012 with an even larger majority.
I’m not American. But as I’ve written before on this blog, an Obama presidency makes me hopeful about a whole lot of goals that would benefit people beyond America’s borders — people like us.