Aug 17 2009

Conspiracy Theory

Published by at 7:44 pm under Afghanistan,blogging,conspiracy theory,USA

Here’s a conspiracy theory:

The authors of the this questionable waystation in the blogosphere like to sniff glue all day long.

Hmmm. Technically, that’s not really a conspiracy theory. Just a theory. Or, if you like, a “topic for discussion“.

At any rate, my theory may go some ways to explaining this brilliant stupidity. An excerpt:

All of this makes me wonder whether politically far right Republicans are secretly funding the Taliban in Afghanistan to undermine the Democrats.

Are Canadian troops and Afghan civilians also being slaughtered in order to advance the political goals of far right US Republicans?

Quick, someone call Jonathan Kay.

UPDATE
I’ve drunk the Kool-Aid. It’s all so clear to me now.

Republican fundraising dinners aren’t just being used to funnel cash to the Taliban. It’s far more nefarious. The reason why peace didn’t come to the Middle East the day after Obama’s inauguration? Republican support for Hamas rocket teams. How did North Koreans snag two journalists on the Chinese border and throws them in a dungeon? Newt Gingrich handed them over to Kim Jong Il personally. Iranian regime thugs beating, torturing and raping protesters? It was the Republicans, with a few Mossad agents tossed in just for kicks.

And where’s Osama bin Ladin? Hiding in plain sight, of course. His real name? Dick Cheney.
‘9/11 Conspiracy Theories Ridiculous’ – Al Qaeda

10 Responses to “Conspiracy Theory”

1. MariaS - dodocanspellon 18 Aug 2009 at 5:18 am

Patrick Ross – don’t you know that Sparky is the Corroding Corpse himself ? I am new to the blogging world and I know that already. Jeez !!

2. Dr.Dawgon 18 Aug 2009 at 6:32 am

Patsy doesn’t know any better. Ignore him. He’s been lying about Canadian Cynic from day one, because CC has been poking fun at the poor mullet-head for the same length of time.

In any case, and moving right along, the “theory” isn’t mine, and my co-blogger didn’t introduce it as one. But as I asked in the comments, what if I had suggested in 1985 that Reagan was selling arms to Islamist Iran, in violation of Congress’ arms embargo, and using the proceeds to finance the contras in Nicaragua?

Come on, admit it. You would have published a smartass post like this one. Right?

3. Dr.Dawgon 19 Aug 2009 at 6:23 am

COMMENT EDITED BY JONATHON NARVEY

Jonathon: La! Shub Niggurath! La!

4. jnarveyon 19 Aug 2009 at 9:28 pm

Sheesh.

5. Patrick Rosson 20 Aug 2009 at 11:11 am

Which I think is actually unfortunate, Jonathon. I mean, it’s your blog, your rules. But considering that this is a good opportunity to put John Baglow on spot and reveal him for the liar he truly is, I think it’s a shame to waste it.

6. jnarveyon 20 Aug 2009 at 11:24 am

Thanks for understanding, Patrick.

I think both sides have pretty much made their case in the comments above. Of course, if you do wish to carry on this discussion, perhaps on your own blogs, I’m happy for either of you to post a link to the Round 2 dust-up.

Fair?

7. Dr.Dawgon 20 Aug 2009 at 12:58 pm

Jonathon:

You’re permitting this to continue. Don’t. I did mean what I said, because I bear you personally no ill-will.

In any case, I trust we’ve cleared up this “conspiracy” nonsense. Don’t believe in ’em. Neither does my co-blogger. Not every question has an affirmative answer.

But speaking of questions: you didn”t answer my initial one:

8. Patrick Rosson 21 Aug 2009 at 11:49 am

Hmmmm. Funny, Jon. Does it seem that Mr Baglow may be threatening you? Seems that way to me. Seems that Mr Baglow doesn’t want to continue this discussion, as it’s pretty clear he can’t defend himself.

Those are my concluding thoughts on the matter — at least at this time.

9. jnarveyon 21 Aug 2009 at 12:07 pm

I didn’t see a threat from Dr. Dawg, except for an in-joke suggestion that a badass Old One from beyond the stars might be more likely to eat my soul after first consuming the essence of 6 billion other humans. I’ll take my chances.

Thanks for your concern Patrick. Really, though… with all due respect, let’s move on, people.

10. jnarveyon 23 Aug 2009 at 7:54 pm

Dr. Dawg, in reply to your question, I’d have to say that of course, it would be shocking. That was why it was such a scandal. That said, you’d notice that the ultimate aim of the covert op by the party in power was to get American citizens out of the hands of radical Islamists with a propensity for torture and beheadings (even if it meant putting Iraqis and Nicaraguans in harm’s way).

But the scenario you presented was that an American party no longer in power was going out of it’s way to fund/arm the Taliban, presumably to kill more Americans and make Obama look bad. There’s just no precedent for that and no evidence that it is happening or could happen.