Dec 08 2009
The year-end Vancouver Meetup of Meetups is happening on Tuesday, December 15 at 6 pm at Ceilis Irish Pub. I will be there (representing the Vancouver Blogger Meetup Group). Other cool people will be there. So the only pertinent question for my Vancouver-based readers and other geeks reading my RSS feed is, are you going to be there?
Let me give you 10 reasons why you ought to show up:
1. In case you didn’t notice from the establishment’s name, the meetup venue is the kind of place where you can drink beer. I like beer. Odds are, so do you. And if you don’t, they’ve got some other stuff behind the bar.
2. You might just get a chance to meet your blog’s most persistent troll face-to-face and slap them.
3. You’ll get business cards from people who still use hotmail addresses. Then you can write to them and say, “Hey, I was totally going to hire you to do $10,000 worth of stuff for me, but then I saw you were using this crappy hotmail address. No thanks.”
4. The chicks from The Real Estate Technology Meetup Group are all smokin’ hot.
5. More beer!
6. Shane Birley and Shane Gibson are going to arm-wrestle. The winner faces off against Raul in a cage match.
7. Someone is bound to teach you how to pronounce Ceilis properly. That’s always good to know.
8. This is your big chance to buy me drinks until I’m so wasted that I give away all of my blog usernames and login passwords.
9. Door prizes, which may or may not include Chris LeMay’s moustache.
10. Admission is by donation of $10 to the Lower Mainland Christmas Bureau, or an unwrapped new toy. It’s for a good cause. Do something nice, for a change.
Hope to see you there, folks. Happy holidays.