Apr 07 2010
In my other life as a copywriting nerd, I’ll be covering all of the New Ventures BC seminars for the next while. I really enjoyed the first one earlier this evening, focusing on “Assessing the Opportunity“. I found one easy-to-remember list for ways to turn your business idea into insane “swimming-in-money” success to be particularly worth noting:
* Find mentors to expand your vision
* Don’t overplan – take action
* Hire people who are smarter than you.
* Tailor your elevator pitch to different audiences
* Play to win but be willing to risk failure
* Acknowledge the competition. Never say “there is no competition!”
* Don’t let the critics get you down. Use the feedback. Adapt and overcome.
* Have fun and don’t take yourself too seriously.