Jun 05 2010

I’m Honored, National Magazine Awards

Funny, I didn’t even know I was in the running. Looks like I’ve been recognized with an Honorable Mention by the National Magazine Awards for my articles in Granville Magazine’s EcoDensity Special. Congratulations to my fellow honorees!

If you’re curious about what I wrote that deserved this honor, here are the articles that were recognized for extraordinary awesomeness:

6 Responses to “I’m Honored, National Magazine Awards”

1. Lon 06 Jun 2010 at 1:29 am

Trendy topic, but you are linking in to the enviro-greenie thing, as a conservative blogger! I live in Vancouver and am living eco-density and it sucks!

2. berton 06 Jun 2010 at 4:35 am

Boy i would not be proud of anything green these days.After all the scams that have been found and all the countries that have gone bankrupt and now BC going broke because of these green scams.SHAME on you greenies

3. jnarveyon 06 Jun 2010 at 8:44 am

L: There is no contradiction between being an environmentalist and being a conservative. In fact, the Green Party of Canada’s constituency is far closer to the Conservative Party than the NDP.

Bert: BC is broke because of green scams? Huh? What are you on about?

Fact is, everyone’s an environmentalist. Think about these questions:

1. Do you like paying more for gas?
    2. Do you think it’s a good idea to chop down all the trees of the world and exterminate all other species?
    3. Do you like oil spills?
    4. Do you leave your doors and windows open in the summer when you’ve got air conditioning going full-blast?
    5. Do you like paying higher prices for groceries?
    6. Do you think corporations should be able to pollute rivers with as much toxic waste as they can pipe in?
    7. Do you hate fresh air?

If your answer is no to these questions, you’re an environmentalist.

4. Alexon 06 Jun 2010 at 8:55 am

Congrats Jon! Well deserved!!

5. just_jeanetteon 06 Jun 2010 at 7:54 pm

Congrats! FYI “honored” is spelled “honoured” in Canada. 😉

6. dirkon 06 Jun 2010 at 11:58 pm

Congratulations Jonathon, perhaps you might consider writing more often about green/sustainability issues,rather than political 😉