Jun 20 2010

Libby Davies Has To Go

Libby Davies can be seen on YouTube saying she thinks that chanting “long live the intifada” “sounds good” and saying (not once but twice) that Israel has been occupying Palestinian land since 1948, that “it’s the longest occupation in history,” and that it’s time for boycotts and disinvestment. – Bob Rae

People are fired up about this. Here’s video of a protest outside NDP MP Libby Davies’ office in the heart of Vancouver:

10 Responses to “Libby Davies Has To Go”

1. real conservativeon 21 Jun 2010 at 9:50 am

Is she Jewish?

2. jnarveyon 21 Jun 2010 at 11:29 am

Why would that be relevant?

3. Dan Hilbornon 21 Jun 2010 at 8:06 pm

The voters in her riding will have the final say.

And I think my Jewish ancestors would agree with
    this group
    !

4. Dan Hilbornon 21 Jun 2010 at 8:07 pm

Yikes, another bad link.
    My apologies.

Here it is in full:

5. jnarveyon 21 Jun 2010 at 8:34 pm

Well, I don’t agree with that group. If Libby Davies wants to step into that swamp, she shouldn’t be surprised when people point out from all sides that she has acquired an unpleasant odor.

6. Bryanon 22 Jun 2010 at 9:17 am

Do you live in the East Vancouver riding Jonathon?

7. jnarveyon 22 Jun 2010 at 9:52 am

I do.

8. Williamon 25 Jun 2010 at 8:49 pm

Hillborn? You realize that “Jews” like that are representative of…nobody, right? The Independent Jewish Voices listserve has a list of less than 500 people ACROSS CANADA…many of whom are not Jewish.

Bear in mind that, for example, the Jewish Federation of Greater Vancouver has a mailing list of about 13,000. That’s about half of the Jewish population in all of Vancouver.

If you use the same metrics, then between 500-1000 Jews in Canada affiliate with IJV.

There are 375,000 Jews in Canada. ‘Nuff said.

Your Jewish relatives would’ve likely thought of the IJV crowd as 9/11-truther, tin-foil-hat-wearing crazies that 99%+ of the Jewish community in Canada regards them as.

Thanks for comin’ out though.

Oh yeah, and speaking of “Mostly Water,” isn’t it about time Swamp Monster Libby slither back into her murky abode? 13 years in office and the DTES is worse off than EVER from a Federal perspective. She’s failed. Turf her for somebody who can actually help the people, as opposed to a hardened, slimy professional politician-activists whose only function now is to pay lip service to radical, crazy activists who detract and exacerbate social problems instead of improving them.

9. Dan Hilbornon 26 Jun 2010 at 11:20 am

William:

My Jewish ancestors married my Quaker ancestors, and their descendants are now mostly Protestant. It’s a complicated story, and does not lead to a single stream of ‘religious thought’.

My family also has a long and proud history of working for peace, and would largely – but not unanimously – support the two-state solution in Israel.

10. Deborahon 09 Aug 2010 at 1:39 pm

I agree with you Dan. Sadly the media is so one sided in presenting this whole issue and smearing the Israeli/Jewish people. Too bad most people don’t read what is really going on and how Israel is not the warmongers they are made out to be.
    Me…I am praying for the peace of Jerusalem.
    If I knew more I might well be out there with these protestors.