Sep 14 2010
No, I don’t have it. I got an email about a new social media campaign aiming to raise awareness of cancer symptoms to facilitate earlier detection and treatment. So here’s a quick contribution for the cause (More to come later!):
F LUNG CANCER
- Persistent cough
- Shortness of breath
- loss of appetite
- Weight loss
- Chest pain
- Coughing up blood
- recurrent bronchitis or pneumonia
• I smoke, or am around second-hand smoke
• I have a family history of lung cancer
• I eat a diet high in fat and cholesterol
• I have not tested my home or workplace for carcinogens
(such as radon gas, asbestos, arsenic, silica, and chromium)
• I do not exercise
• I have received radiation therapy to my lungs
These symptoms can often be similar to other diseases and conditions. However, if you are experiencing any of the above symptoms, make an appointment with your doctor right away. You should discuss which of the following diagnostic tools may be appropriate for you: Ct scan, Biopsy, Sputum Cytology.
Contact the Public Health agency of Canada or the Canadian Cancer Society for additional information. Visit www.publichealth.gc.ca and
www.cancer.ca or call toll-free 1-888-939-3333.
RemembeR, eaRly detection equals suRvival!