Apr 22 2011

Our Country

Published by at 10:29 pm under Canada,politics

Opponents of the Conservative Party of Canada will be hard pressed to point to this as a negative election campaign ad.

8 Responses to “Our Country”

1. Lon 22 Apr 2011 at 11:12 pm

Some say PM Harper and the CPC have no vision for Canada. They do and this video touches me deeply. It is my vision too.

2. John Chowon 22 Apr 2011 at 11:26 pm

If Harper doesn’t get his majority, I’m leaving Canada!

3. Lon 22 Apr 2011 at 11:42 pm

A better rise up song for conservatives by an Canadian band:

4. Matton 23 Apr 2011 at 6:37 am

I could never possibly get myself to vote for a party with a leader so opposed to women’s rights (refusing to provide funding for third-world maternal health due to part of the funding going towards providing safe abortions). The G8 was embarrassing. It’s too important an issue to me, and I’m opposed to the ideals of the man on such a fundamental level.

5. Burpnrunon 23 Apr 2011 at 9:02 am

Folks, call me paranoid, but I think there’s A LOT more to the Coup/Coalition than meets the eye. And it’s not good. For those interested in stopping the hijacking of OUR democracy, please give a gander at: “The Real Co-Conspirators Behind the Coup”:

and tell me if I’m wrong. Please.

6. Alainon 23 Apr 2011 at 12:40 pm

So Matt, what are you doing to put an end of women being treated like cattle, being beaten and stoned and murdered in “honour killings”. Both the Liberals and NDP embrace those who support these practices.

7. Matton 26 Apr 2011 at 12:30 pm

Is that a fact? What exactly do you mean when you say that? I am aware of and opposed to the left-wing idea that Islam itself isn’t a part of the problem. What exactly have these parties done to embrace extremists though? Surely you believe that Canadians should be free to practice Islam, whether or not you believe the tenets of their religion to be fundamentally wrong. I genuinely want you to elaborate on that.

No party has a platform I find without fault, and so compromises have to be made, whoever I’m voting for. The Conservative party is infused with the sort of religious dogma I’m opposed to. The refusal to provide funding for safe abortions for those in third-world countries (this is something integral to proper maternal health), the opposition to same-sex marriage. Also, working as a research analyst at a health unit here in Ontario, I have first-hand experience with the negative consequences the removal of the long-form census will have. That census is (was) the key source of Canadian public health data. The change will drastically effect fields such as public health research. This is a party with backwards ideals.

8. Matton 26 Apr 2011 at 12:32 pm