Nov 30 2011
I wrote a novel a little while back dealing with issues of the Middle East. It’s a part of the world I think about a fair bit (check out my commentary at The Propagandist). Usually, it’s because crazy bad stuff is happening there so it’s in the news. A lot of terrible things will continue to happen in 2012, but I think a few nice things will also happen with the bad stuff. Here goes:
- Syrian President Bashar Al-Assad will be deposed. Syria may actually become a neo-Ottoman protectorate.
- Iran’s nuclear program will be further degraded by software viruses and “industrial accidents”. No need for airstrikes. Phew.
- Israel will continue to develop groundbreaking technology that benefits the world and is grudgingly used by BDS campaigners who never invented anything in their dumb lives.
- Sales of the Yemeni equivalent of Gatorade will continue to go up due to water scarcity.
- Egyptian environmentalists protesting the carbon economy will keep blowing up gas pipelines.