Feb 03 2012

The Creepiest House In Vancouver

Published by at 12:08 am under Photos,Vancouver

IMG_0008.JPGAnyone know what the story is behind this decrepit house on Main Street where they keep mannequin heads in the window?

10 Responses to “The Creepiest House In Vancouver”

1. Monica Hamburgon 03 Feb 2012 at 2:06 am

I have totally wondered about that one myself! Look forward to hearing what you find out. (And be quiet about it, he’s listening to us from inside his house…)

2. johnon 03 Feb 2012 at 4:19 am

Haven’t a clue but a neighbour in an apartment across form us was doing that for a while. We’d drive out of our driveway and there would be this mannequin head in the window. I think whomever it was must have moved away because I haven’t seen the head in a long while.

3. Chris Bryceon 03 Feb 2012 at 7:57 am

So how much would one pay for a semi-detached decrepit house like this one in Vancouver ? I’m guessing at least 1million 😉

4. Chris Bryceon 03 Feb 2012 at 8:02 am

5. Edon 03 Feb 2012 at 10:18 am

And what’s that below the window? A wrapped up corpse?

6. dmorrison 03 Feb 2012 at 1:25 pm

So, if you’re so curious,why don’t you go knock on the door and ASK?

The person who lives there probably ISN’T another Hannibal Lecter,but somebody with a different sense of humor.

If the idea frightens you,go with two or three other people. Even serial killers rarely slaughter groups on their front lawn in broad daylight.

Geez,Mike Mccardell approaches weird people all the time for his “human interest” stories at BCTV.

7. jnarveyon 03 Feb 2012 at 2:31 pm

“So, if you’re so curious,why don’t you go knock on the door and ASK?”

Right. Because it’s totally normal to go and knock on the front door of someone you don’t know and ask, “Yo. What’s up with the weird decor around your house? I’m told that serial killers rarely slaughter people on their front lawn in broad daylight, so I just figured I’d check in. Howdy, stranger.”

8. dmorrison 03 Feb 2012 at 5:27 pm

Yes,that’s what anyone who wants to find out the facts would do, rather than hypothesizing all over the internet.

Are you afraid to meet people?

Don’t ever take up Real estate,where you have to go door-to-door meeting people and introducing yourself in hope of picking up a client.

Oh,and don’t say,”yo”.

Use proper English. “Hi,I was walking by and noticed your unique window display,and was curious about it”.

You might get a positive response and story,or if the person is anti-social ,get told to f*** off.

But at least you’d know more than when you started.

9. jnarveyon 03 Feb 2012 at 11:27 pm

Duly noted. I shall henceforth cease hypothesizing all over the Internet and apologize to all the people I’ve offended over the years.

10. Christine Keeleron 08 Feb 2012 at 9:45 am

Whoever lives there has often been told, “you’re not right in the head.”

He/she responds: you’re wrong. I looked in the mirror and compared that to the other heads I keep in the house and they’re pretty much the same.