Aug 24 2012
Stuff I’m Writing Elsewhere. Creationism is Bunk, Podcast with a Feminist, Lizard Wizards, Dagon and More
This summer, I’ve been a bit less focused on my creative writing and a bit more focused on just… well, enjoying the summer. That said, I’m still up to a whole shwack of goofiness on the Interwebs. For instance:
Political Stuff at The Propagandist
- Creationism is Anti-American. I say this as a deeply concerned Canadian.
- Podcast 16. Ophelia Benson on Feminism. In which I interview one of the world’s leading voices of secularism about why feminism gets such a bad rap — particularly by some people who might be better off calling themselves feminists.
- The American Witch Hunt Against Julian Assange. What witch hunt?
RPG Gaming Stuff at Savage Games
- The Story of Grimm the Lizard-Wizard. The back-story on my new character, a decidedly cold-blooded saurian sorcerer who’s a little bit racist (against humans, elves, dwarfs and other non-Lizard Folk).
- Using Pre-Generated Characters in Savage Worlds. Players just take too long to get it done. Yeah. I said it. So what?
Cthulhu-themed Stuff at Detectives vs. The Slime Monster from Outer Space
- Fashionable Cthulhu. Seriously, Louis Vuitton. What the hell is this about?
- Dinner with Dagon. This almost put me off my sushi.
Still haven’t gotten around to reading the two greatest novels in the English language? Boy, are you in for a treat.
- The Detective vs. The Slime Monster from Outer Space. Cthulhu fans, you’re going to like this one. Also, anyone who likes cheesy sci-fi and detective pulp fiction, or preferably both. Available in trade paperback or Kindle eBook.
- A History of the Middle Eastside. The Middle East we know and
lovetolerate is a tough neighborhood. Well, the Middle Eastside is even tougher. Can Uncle Herzl and his plucky gang of Yids hold out against the Muj gangsters that want to throw them all into the harbor?
Enjoy your weekend, people!