Oct 01 2013
Archive for the 'politics' Category
Sep 30 2013
The news can really get you down sometimes:
Because this: Kenya mall terrorists ‘burnt victims’ faces and cut off their hands to prevent identification’ as reports emerge of woman hostage being sexually abused at gunpoint. And Muslim suicide bombers murder 85 Christians for being Christian. And willing women go to Syria for “sex jihad” — and predictably get gang-raped by the glorious Muhajadeen. And the brave Muslim heroes in the Philippines use Christians as human shields in their latest genocidal effort. And… and…
Sep 04 2013
Between moving house, working on freelance website copywriting projects and just enjoying the summer (now fall), I haven’t had as much time for creative writing, but I seem to be on a bit of an upswing. Here’s a little taste of what I’ve been up to:
- No More Red Lines. A little dramatization of an unfriendly chat between Obama and Assad, in The Propagandist Magazine.
- Collaborative Storytelling. How tabletop RPGs can be epic — and epically challenging to run. Posted over at Savage Games.
- Hamster Hell and The Return of the Green Guardian. My latest short stories over at The Island of Misfit Stories.
- eLearning and Moodle. Where We’ve Been and Where We’re Going. If you’re into that kind of thing. In Techvibes.
May 16 2013
I’ve been negligent, I know. How are my readers supposed to keep up with all of the awesome stuff I’m doing if I don’t post any links? Bad blogger. Bad.
One thing I think I forgot to mention: I’ve been writing new fiction with my friend, Rob, over at The Island of Misfit Stories. I’m pretty happy with what I’ve been writing and Rob’s stories are great, too. We choose a different theme every week; read the stories and see if you can guess what it is!
Some of my latest stories:
- A Kiss in the Garden. Actually a poem. It’s probably the sweetest thing I’ve ever written, which isn’t saying much. I don’t usually do sweet.
- Banana Republic. A vaguely Lovecraftian tale of scary stuff in the jungle.
- Ghost Clown. Scooby Doo meets Elmore Leonard.
Meanwhile, over at The Propagandist:
- Cops Intimidate Jews for Talking About Islamic Violence Against Jews. In Canada. Seriously.
Apr 19 2013
I imagine that a lot of Americans are going to have certain questions on their minds today. For instance, “where the fuck is Chechnya?” After doing about two minutes of Googling, many will have a follow-up question: “If the Russians invaded Chechnya and they had this whole big war and everything that’s sort of still going on in a way, how does that lead to Chechnyans blowing up Americans in Boston?” Continue Reading »